Saturday, September 4, 2021

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021) - IMAX

It was entertaining enough, if not generic during certain moments which segues a little into being boring to me. That said, lots about this film and character motivation don't make sense when I think hard about it. But I like the performances from Simu and Tony (tho I think Wenwu's role feels kind of short changed in the story department). Action choreography is top notch and the fighters move as if in some exquisite dance. Liked that the Asian characters don't speak in broken Mandarin (often a cringer in many non-Chinese films from the West). That opening sequence fight between Wenwu and Li is nice, and I like Fala Chen in this one. Tsai Chin shines in the one scene she's in. But I think Xialing basically gets the short end of the stick in a movie where there are too many sub-plots or such.  

No comments: